2021 LSP Virtual Talk Series (VTS)
Amid the continuing challenges and uncertainties brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Linguistic Society of the Philippines continues to strive for one of its primary goals— to advance our knowledge and deepen our understanding of linguistics and its entanglements, particularly in the context of the Philippines.
With this aim, we are proud & excited to launch three (3) new virtual talk series (VTS):
1. The LSP RIPPLE (Researches, Insights, & Perspectives on the Philippine Linguistics Enterprise) Series
- This series features current linguistic investigations on Philippine languages and dialects, including but not limited to grammatical description & analysis, diachronic studies, dialectology, & linguistic typology.
2. The LSP ViTAL (Virtual Talks on Applied Linguistics) Series
- This series highlights the significance of interdisciplinary research in dealing with language issues of the real world. It also emphasizes the importance of languages and linguistics in responding to challenges of the contemporary society.
3. The LSP TheSSO (Thesis Sharing Session Online) Series
- This series provides a venue for LSP members to share their theses’ novel findings to the public, as well as their experiences doing fieldwork/data-gathering. It is also open to ABTs/ABDs who are currently in thesis writing stage, to share their preliminary findings or thesis proposals and solicit comments and critiques that could help improve their work.
Starting this August, we will be holding these three new VTS via Zoom on a regular basis for FREE.
Yes, we heard you!!! But we’d like to hear more from you. We are currently soliciting recommendations for the next speaker(s) and topic(s) in these new and exciting virtual talk series. If you have anyone or any topic in mind, please take a minute to fill-out the following survey form:
Just like all our previous online events, participants will be given a certificate of attendance but pre-registration and/or filling-out of an evaluation form may be asked in some of the talks.
Poster Design & Layout: Alyan Stefine Cortes